Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) is an Act that is passed by the Malaysian government to regulate the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. To comply with the Act, Two Offshore Marine Sdn Bhd (“TOMSB” or “we” or “us” or “our”) are required to manage the personal data that we collect from you.
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are, but not limited to:-
● Internal record keeping
● To enable you to provide goods or services to TOMSB
● To assess job application
● To conduct background check
● To administer your participation in any contest/programme related to the public organized by us
● To conduct internal activities
● For security and fraud prevention purposes
● For the purposes of statistical analysis of data
● For profiling your preferences
● For finance and marketing activities
● For the purposes of our corporate governance
● For the purposes of our corporate exercises
● To send you event invitations based on selective events
● For the purposes of complying with the Companies Act 2016
● For the purposes of complying with related laws and regulations
● For the purposes of inclusion in media engagements and / or any relevant or related events
● For the purposes of us preparing guest invitations, registration and / or sign-ups for our events
● For the purposes of printed and on-line publications
(collectively, “the Purposes”).
Your personal data will be collected from exchanges in the course of business and otherwise, various forms you may have filled in, on-line forms available during your visits to TOMSB’s website, existing guest lists, business cards, guest books and / or any events organised by us and / or any of the Group (as hereinafter defined).
You may be required to supply us with your name, company’s name, address, country, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email address.
If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
Please be informed that your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to companies within the TOMSB group (including the holding company, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international), whether present or future (collectively, “the Group”) or to any third party organizations or persons for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
To this end, we are committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal data made available to us. It is your obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all aspects. For the avoidance of doubt, we and/or the Group and/or its employees or authorized officers or agents will not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and not updated.
Further, we may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is made available by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
You may at any time after the submission of your personal data to us, submit your request for access to your personal data by submitting such request to us at the address stated below in the event:
1. you require access to and/or wish to make corrections to your personal data subject to compliance of such request for access or correction not being refused under the provisions of the Act and/or existing laws;
2. you wish to enquire about your personal data; and
3. you are no longer agreeable to us retaining, holding or storing your personal data. However, please note that this may result in us not being able to properly perform or discharge our obligations to you.
Personal Data Protection Officer
Two Offshore Marine Sdn Bhd
63-2 & 65-2, Jalan Medan Setia 1
Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Any personal data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event such data is no longer required for the said Purposes.
By submitting your personal data to us, you have consented to the use of it as set out in this Policy and you agree that you have read, understood and accepted the statements and terms herein.